On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Gunther Birznieks wrote:

> > >Nonesense. Read README.win32 before building your perl.
> >
> > Curiously, the precompiled Win32 ModPerl that perl.apache.org references
> > for people to download does not have crypt() compiled in. Yet ActiveState's
> > binary distribution of build 522 does. Odd.
> >
> > Is there a reason that the source distributions default build would be
> > different from ActiveState's default build?
>
> It was compiled in the US. ActiveState is a Canadian company so can
> distribute crypt(). Someone should probably do a later build of the whole
> shebang anyway about now - volunteers? (preferrably from outside the US?)

I'm building up a Win32 mod_perl/mod_ssl binary, based on
perl-5.6.0, that has crypt built in, like ActiveState's.
And it'll also be coming from Canada. However, among some
other things, the latest CPAN versions of both mod_perl and
Embperl need some changes to compile with this combination, and
I'm waiting for these changes to propagate into the next
official releases.

best regards,
randy kobes