On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Robert Jenks wrote:

> Got a different code dump.  I'm not sure if this one is mod_perl related
> though...  My httpd.conf and startup.pl are the same as my 4/9/2000 post.

> #0  0x4089fbb6 in kputac ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x4089fbb6 in kputac ()
> #1  0x408bf8b6 in OCISessionEnd ()
> #2  0x4046b388 in ora_db_disconnect ()
> #3  0x40468399 in XS_DBD__Oracle__db_DESTROY ()
> #14 0x4019f534 in perl_child_exit ()

this is happening when a child exits, and your persistent Apache::DBI is
being disconnected.  i don't have any insight into why DBD::Oracle is core
dumping, unless you can compile it with -g, so filename/line numbers are
shown.  one bandaid would be to set the enviornment variable
PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL to -1, in which case mod_perl will skip global
destruction and the os will take care of closing your db socket.