On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Robert B. Easter wrote:
>
> > Will mod_perl work as a DSO using  USE_APXS=1?
>
> with 1.22 it should work fine.
>
> >     child pid xxxxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>
> any chance you're using XML::Parser?  if so, configure apache with
> --disable-rule=EXPAT
>
> otherwise, we'll need a stacktrace to help, see the SUPPORT doc for hints.

I don't have XML::Parser installed.
I'd like to know what versions people have had success with.
I tried making a DSO with:

perl                    5.6.0 for i686-linux
mod_perl                1.22
egcs                    2.91.66 (slackware)
apache                  1.3.12 (with mod_ssl 2.6.2 / openssl 0.9.5a DSO)

Again, I can Load PHP4 as a DSO and it works fine.  But for testing mod_perl, I
tried removing it but that didn't help.

I'm wondering if maybe I need a different compiler version.  I've heard of
different compiler version making a difference.

If you had success with mod_perl as a DSO/APXS, please share with me your
version numbers.  Thanks!