Weird.  The whole point of Apache::DBI (or so I understand it) is so that
your $dbh stays valid across CGI or Handler calls.

I can only think of two reasons why I get the error message:

1) My child process is dying, and the DBI code is telling me that I never
called disconnect() on that $dbh.  I don't think this is the case, since the
line (#119) in Apache::DBI that is referenced in the error is in the
connect() call.

2) My $dbh has timed out, and Apache::DBI is attempting to reconnect.  The
code author decided not to perform a disconnect() because they knew the
connection was already timed out.

I'm assuming that it's #2, but wanted to find out if other folks had seen
this as well, since I don't normally see much in the error_log.

-jse