Hi.
We are running Server Version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21 on a
Linux system.
Having problems with a "Deep Recursion" when using the copy method of
File::Copy.

Basically, this part of the copy code isn't working properly.
#   if (defined &syscopy && \&syscopy != \&copy
#       && !$to_a_handle
#       && !($from_a_handle && $^O eq 'os2' )   # OS/2 cannot handle
handles
#       && !($from_a_handle && $^O eq 'mpeix')  # and neither can
MPE/iX.
#      )
#   {
#       return syscopy($from, $to);
#   }

The if should fail, as \&syscopy should equal \&copy, but under modPerl
it doesn't work.
Why are they different under apache/Modperl?  Is this because of the
way that Apache::Registry wraps the scripts in subroutines?

Anyways, is there an appropriate patch for this?  We are just commenting
this part out of the File::Copy module for now.

thanks for any help