hi,

    I'm trying to implement a one light + one fat apache server setup
and I'm stumbling with the lack of an option to proxy-pass based on
filename. It seems that mod_proxy is designed to handle complete
hostnames and directories, and I'm wanting it to proxy everything that
looks ~ \.pl$

    The only workaround I foresee might be using mod_rewrite, but I'd
rather not :), does anyone have a better idea? Or maybe a few examples
of mod_rewrite use that work in this case?

    Of course, the reason of my woes is that I started designing with
only one 'fat' httpd, and my websites have *.pl and *.ehtml files (for
Registry scripts and Embperl files) intermingled within the directory
structure, not separated. And redesigning a dozen websites is not
practical right now :(

martin

    - Martin Langhoff @ S C I M  Multimedia Technology -
      - http://www.scim.net      | God is real until  -
      - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | declared integer   -