Hello Matt,

четверг, 27 апреля 2000 г., you wrote:

>> doing - and the TCP listen queue will hold a few more
>> connections if you are slightly short of backends.

MS> Is there any benefit of mod_proxy over a real proxy front end like "Oops"?

I don't think so, at least for "accelerator" application like mod_perl
frontend. Configurability of apache is great, and in conjunction with
mod_rewrite you can create very powerful configurations. Even more, if
you see the lack of some functionality, any time you can patch
mod_proxy to get it work is you want it to ;) I did some work about
it, and my "custom" mod_proxy can eliminate "pragma: no-cache" on
selected URIs and doesn't allow simultaneous requests to the same
resource on the mod_perl server, for obvious reasons. so, with that
we've got practically no limits on server bandwidth (currently we
serve 500 000 pages per day in peak, and all of them are dynamic).

I saw many people on this list that are working on some mod_proxy
issues. Really, the design is not very well for accelerator
application. Maybe we could join to rewrite it as a completely new
accelerator module...

Best regards,
 Ilya                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]