On Wed, 3 May 2000, Franco Finstad wrote:

> I have a large modperl site with modperl (CGI) scripts and command-line perl
> scripts.
>
> My command line scripts load modules (.pm files) that use Apache::exit().
> This is giving me the following errors:
>
> **************************
> Bareword "Apache::exit" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
> as/mod/Util.pm
>  line 546

you're calling exit in a module?  shame on you.  if you call exit() from a
script that is compiled by Apache::Registry (not include *.pm), exit()
will be overridden for you to call Apache::exit, no changes needed.
if you really want to call it in a module, which you really don't, do you?

try something like:

use subs qw(exit)

*exit = $ENV{MOD_PERL} ? \&Apache::exit : sub { CORE::exit };