On Fri, 5 May 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Actually the idea comes from setting up the style map
> based on an external XML site map, which would do things
> similar to apache's <Files> and <Location> directives,
> and then put them into the appropriate sections in
> Apache::ReadConfig. It's not something I'm going to ship
> with the product just now though - but someone wants the
> ability to do so.

hi, that's me :)

actually matt, what i was shooting for was exposure to
axkit's internal configuration data structures. i don't want
to have to set up stuff in the $Apache::ReadConfig namespace
and then have all the apache gears crank back around to your
code. i'd rather have a configuration interface directly
into your code.

this way i can reconfigure axkit at runtime. using apache
config i can't do that.