Tom Mornini wrote:

> On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jay Jacobs wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking of just relying on cookies, while not 100%, it's gotta be
> > close to 80 or 90% which may be good for this project.  But I figured
> > others had faced this same issue and had an ample solution...
>
> We use in-URL session IDs for everyone, and give the users with cookies a
> more robust inter-session experience.
>
> This way the site works for everyone, but works better for people with
> cookies.
Exactly what does the URL rewriting in your case? A custom module or
some version of mod_rewrite? It appears that the community needs a
comprehensive solution, that combines the effectiveness of
Apache::Session with the configurability to use cookies or URL tracking.
Is there such a beast? Would it be hard to cobble it together with
existing modules?

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.