Yes Jeffrey, you have railed against the netapp multiple times now.
Send me some flawless hardware, I'd appreciate it :)

The problems you describe effect all session management schemes that must
span multiple systems ( database is down, can't read sessions, requests
stack up etc ) and are not really particular to the NFS issue from my
perspective.  It would be much easier to write app logic to recover from a
different scheme but the problem is mostly the same with different
recovery times.

John-