Doug MacEachern wrote:

> > OK, if this is the case, I'd prefer to have only one variable type -- an
> > array - so $r->dir_config will always return a list. So if it's a
> > sigular value, it'll be the first element. If you want it to be a hash
> > -- you can have it as well. This makes thing simple and even eliminates
> > the need for PerlSetVar, you can have only PerlAddVar for everything.
>
> my @values = $r->dir_config->get('Key');
> and
> my %hash = $r->dir_config->get('Key');
>
> already does that, regardless of using PerlSetVar or PerlAddVar.
> although, PerlSetVar would end up with odd number of elements for %hash.

Well, it doesn't work for me. It returns a stringified version of the ref
to a hash or an array. I think you have already mentioned this before, I
thought it was changed since than.

<Perl>

  my %hash = qw(a b c d);
  push @{ $Location{"/perl"}->{PerlSetVar} }, [ hashkey => \%hash ];

  my @arr = qw(e f g h);
  push @{ $Location{"/perl"}->{PerlSetVar} }, [ arrkey => \@arr ];

</Perl>

In the code:

  my @values = $r->dir_config->get('arrkey');
  my %hash   = $r->dir_config->get('hashkey');

returns a stringified:

values: ARRAY(0x82ee120)
hash:   HASH(0x82ee090)

which cannot be dereferenced.

Do I miss something?

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org