"Graf, Chris" schrieb:

> Thanks Michael.
>
> If anyone can explain a little better what Apache::DBI and mod_perl are
> doing, or should be doing at this point, that may be helpful. I have been
> testing a little more and found that no errors will appear unless I am
> actually doing something with the connections. If I just initiate the
> persistent connections the first time the scripts run, and never touch them,
> they appear to stay alive (or at least restart properly) without generating
> errors.

Hy,
I had serious sockket/connect  porblems too ;-(( that was using 11.0.3.
I changed to 11.9.2 and now everything is fine....
(Everything on RedHat 6.2).
My problem was somewhere in the clientlibrary : let's say a couple of
hundred/thousand queries went fine. Than my application stopped running.
The Process in the database (sp_who) was existing, and killing the DB-connection

caused the client to die. ;-))
Maybe it's worth to try an upgrade if you are running 11.0.3 ...

regards
Fred