true, but Apache::DBI caches connections per connect string, so a database
handle called with AutoCommit=0 in one script and AutoCommit=1 in another
will result in two cached handles.

William - are you creating a $dbh and setting AutoCommit in a seperate
step/script?  If so, I'm not sure that the new AutoCommit attribute will be
a part of the cached database handle, regardless of the exit status of the
script.

Can anyone confirm this?

--Geoff