On Wed, 17 May 2000, Dave DeMaagd wrote:

> I'm in the midst of converting a script I wrote in a CGI environment
> to mod_perl (using Apache::Registry).  The scripts are running fine
> (after a little tweaking to get rid of globals and whatnot), but I am
> still looking for more ways to keep memory consumption under control,
> and for ways to check to see /where/ it's going out the window when it
> is.

this message from last night was intended to remind of one way to do
that..

Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 23:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Doug MacEachern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] B-Size-0.04

if you're not familar with B::Size, it was written a while back to answer
the question 'why are my httpds so damn BIG?'  there are hooks in
Apache::Status to measure the size of global/lexical variables and the
syntax tree.  this is a debugging/educational module, for best results,
run httpd in -X mode.  and, do not enable on a production server, the code
to measure the syntax tree can burn lots of cpu.