"Paul G. Weiss" wrote:

> This has been fixed in a post 1.23 patch.
> Change the line
>
>  $PERL_EXTRA_CFLAGS = "";

>  $PERL_EXTRA_CFLAGS = $] >= 5.006 ? $Config{ccflags} : "";
>
> and try again.

Note that this is not a complete fix.  It will only work if you allow
mod_perl to build apache, as instructed in the original patch.
Unfortunately if you are using APXS this is not the case.  In this case,
when you initially build Apache you need to do so with the flags
required to make it largefile aware.  I think it might also be a good
idea to put a test in mod_perl's Makefile.PL to check that the
largefile-ness of both perl and apache agree when using APXS.  On
Solaris you can do this by using nm and looking to see if the normal or
largefile versions of routines are in use, e.g. fstat or fsta64.  I
don't know how portable to other platforms this is though.

--
Alan Burlison