On Thu, 25 May 2000, Prasit P wrote:

> Thank guys for your answer.  I've just tried using Apache 1.3.12, and mod_perl
> 1.24, all downloaded today, but it's the same problem.

seems that only works when you use http://hostname, both mod_proxy and
mod_perl use logic like so:

        !(r->parsed_uri.hostname
          && strEQ(r->parsed_uri.scheme, ap_http_method(r))
          && ap_matches_request_vhost(r, r->parsed_uri.hostname,
                                      r->parsed_uri.port_str ?
                                      r->parsed_uri.port :
                                      ap_default_port(r)));

logic could probably be added to compare the ip addresses, but why do you
need to do that anyhow?  what's wrong with using
'GET /index.html http/1.0' ?