Hi all,

Sorry if it is an incorrect list to ask...

I have a strange problem with mod_perl. I've tested mod_perl using a very
simple scripts (one of them is attached). The network load is emulated via LAN
using a special proggy. The problem is: under load above 20 requests per second
after working some time (about 15-30 sec) Apache daemon stopts accepting new
connections and blocks forever (without -X option httpd at this moment begin
forking until it eats all resources) . I've found that the problem exists
only when scripts use modules (tested with CGI v 2.46, IPC::Shareable, our own
modules).  Test scripts without modules work fine even under load of 200
requests per second.

I observed this on two machines, both under FreeBSD/i386 (3.3-RELEASE and
3.4-RELEASE, kernel options: maxusers 256, NMBCLUSTERS=4096).  I've tried Apache
v. 1.3.9 through 1.3.12, perl  5.005_03, mod_perl 1.22 and 1.24. Most Apache's
config variables have default values, except that I added several lines
which are nessesary for mod_perl scripts:

Alias   /scripts/       /usr/local/www/scripts/
<Directory /usr/local/www/scripts>
        SetHandler      perl-script
        PerlHandler     Apache::Registry
        PerlSendHeader  On