are you running under Apache::Registry?  If so, you should always
use strict;

and declare all variables with my (as you did below)

you can also set
PerlWarn On

in httpd.conf to help troubleshoot errors like this

> 722  my $fieldname = $cursor->{NAME>->[$i];
> 723  $name = lc($fieldname);
> :
> 749  if ( $name eq 'eventnum' || $name eq 'debugnum' ) {
> -->>  is it true line 721 already initilialized it ?
>
> ##  second error
> DBI::db=HASH(0x1ff304)->disconnect invalidates 1 active
> statement handle (either destroy statement handles or call
> finish on them before disconnecting) at
> /usr/local/bin/apache/cgi-bin/lib.pl line 41.
> ##

the error typically means that you are calling disconnect (or the script is
ending) before calling $sth->finish.

HTH

--Geoff