Hello all...

Having a wacky problem that I can't seem to figure out...
(Apache-1.3.12, mod_perl-1.24, ApacheDBI-0.87)

I have two NameVirtualHosts, we'll call them host1.foo.com and
host2.foo.com, both running on the same IP on the same server.  Both
are similar sites, so I've moved a lot of code common to both sites
into library files - there's a library for database access,
utilities, ecommerce integration, etc.... Each library file defines
its own package (although it is NOT object oriented).  I also have
site-wide configuration files for each site which also define their
own package.  Now, here's my problem...

host1.foo.com was developed first... it runs fine... I finished
host2, and started testing it, and discovered that when both host1
and host2 are running, and users are hitting both sites, sometimes
the configuration gets messed up.  For example, I have a search page
on each site with drop-down boxes for options.  Host1 will sometimes
display options for Host2, and vice-versa -- these options are being
dynamically generated from the databases, so it looks like the
scripts are sporadically using the wrong database handles.

The file structure looks like this:

host1/
  perl-bin/
    bunch of .cgi scripts that run under mod_perl
    config/
      all of my .pl library files and a .rc config file
  doc/

host2/
  perl2-bin/
  bunch of .cgi scripts that have the same names (but are different)
  than those in host1
  config2/
    all of the .pl files (exactly the same files as in host1 - I had
    actually symlinked them at one point) plus a different .rc file
  doc/

The package names in the library files are the same across both
sites... there's package dbAccess, cgiUtil, etc.... site.rc declares
package "site" for both sites, and contains database name, login
info, and such...

Anyway... I had thought that because the URIs are different, it
wouldn't matter that the package names are the same from one site to
another-- on host1, search.cgi has this:

require "config1/site.rc";
require "config1/dbAccess.pl";

and on host2...

require "config2/site.rc";
require "config2/dbAccess.pl";

But this doesn't seem to keep the server from sporadically crossing
database  handles... I hope I've explained this well enough that someone
can  figure out what I've got and help me fix it...

Thanks...
e.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]