I'm trying to get up to speed with mod_perl and have been playing around
with Apache::StatINC so that any perl modules I update get reloaded.
>From what I can see in the error_log file it does get re-loaded, but the
changes don't seem to take effect until I touch my perl program that
'uses' this module.  Why?

The other thing I notice in the error_log file (after I have touched my
perl program) are warnings such as 'Subroutine CounterMain redefined at
(eval 24) line 4'.

Finally, I never notice the parent httpd process reload my module always
the child processes - as per the error_log file eg:  Apache::StatINC:
process 25685 reloading Counter.pm

Any help, advice, explanation would be appreciated.

I am using the following :

apache 1.3.12, mod_perl 1.24, perl 5.6.0 on Solaris 2.6

I've added the following to httpd.conf  :

#
#   For Karl's testing
#
Alias /karlperl/        /export/apache/karltest/perl/

PerlSetEnv  PERL5LIB    /export/apache/karltest/perl
PerlSetEnv  PERLDB_OPTS "NonStop=1 LineInfo=/tmp/karltest.db.out
AutoTrace=1 frame=2"
PerlWarn    on

PerlModule Apache::Registry
PerlModule Apache::DB
PerlModule Apache::StatINC

<Location /karlperl>
    # PerlFixupHandler  Apache::DB
    SetHandler          perl-script
    PerlHandler         Apache::Registry
    Options             ExecCGI
    PerlSendHeader      On
    PerlInitHandler     Apache::StatINC
    PerlSetVar          StatINCDebug On
    #PerlSetVar         StatINC_UndefOnReload On
    #order              mutual-failure
    #allow from         165.168.176.23
</Location>

Thanks