Hi all,

Okay, this is a rather ridiculous question.  I spent the weekend
implementing a property based object model in Java.  However, after I
finished, someone in my company laughingly pointed out that I had just
re-invented Java beans.  While there were some minor advantages to the
model I came up with, the overwhelmingly richer feature set of the
java.beans.* framework made my efforts redundant at best.

One of the advantages, however, is that the object model I was working
on would translate very nicely to Perl.  In fact, the language
independent nature of this (other than OO being a requirement) was the
real reason I bothered with it at all.

My question is this -- has anyone written an implementation of the
Java Bean standard in Perl?  I don't think we need to have a major
debate about the shortcomings of beans on the mod_perl list.  But I am
wondering if anyone has pulled this off yet.  If we left out the event
driven parts of the bean spec, and just focused on the property side
of things, this could be a rather short project to get the core down.

I'd like to see the Perl version be API compatable with the Java
version.  There is no need to take it much further.

Thoughts?  Flames?  :)

-DeWitt