> machines boot cycle) that when we reboot (*every* monday morning in the
> wee hours) it's not terribly likely that anyone's going to be around to
> feed the password to the startup query.

Why reboot every week? My web servers are never rebooted, save for hardware
upgrades...

> This really needs to be automated.

There is a security risk associated with automating it. There are
instructions for removing the password from the cert in the on-line doc's /
FAQs.
begin:vcard
n:Lyon;James
tel;pager:24-hour contact via Work number
tel;cell:+44 (7973) 824857
tel;fax:+44 (24) 7670 2501
tel;home:Please use Cellular number.
tel;work:+44 (24) 7670 2500
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.aztec.co.uk/
org:Business IT Research Ltd t/a Aztec Business Solutions
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Managing Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;Enterprise House=0D=0ACourtaulds Way;Coventry;;CV6 5NX;UK
fn:James Lyon
end:vcard