I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but I would be interested in knowing
whether any of the *_timeout functions apply to the cleanup phase - the
Timeout directive docs and the eagle book seem to imply that these are
methods aimed at closing the data connection, and I thought the connection
was over by the time cleanup is called...

just more questions - sorry I can't be of help, though...

--Geoff