Hello all,

I just joined the list the other day and have some questions about
internal and external Perl interpretors for Apache.  Forgive my lack of
knowledge, but I am assuming that mod_perl is the Perl interpretor that
runs internally to Apache and starts when Apache starts.  The external
Perl interpretor option, Perl CGI, is run externally and must be spawned
by Apache anytime they are needed.

Do I have the right idea?

Which would be better to go with from a performance standpoint?  I am
assuming mod_perl because the instance does not need to be respawned
everytime the interpretor is needed.  Thanks!

Rich