On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 07:11:11PM -0400, Greg Estep wrote:

> I then did an apache 'make install', even though I think that the Embperl
> compile and test processes use the source-code version of httpd...
>
> Now a "make test" of Embperl still gives the following results:
>
> $ make test
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=0
> /usr/local/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/
> aix -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0 test.pl

> 'blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.so' for modu
> le HTML::Embperl: dlopen: blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.so: 30
> blib/arch/auto/HTML/
> Embperl/Embperl.so36 ap_get_client_block 131 perl36 ap_log_error 132 perl36
> ap_palloc 133

Did you try the Embperl in the httpd yet? I am not entirely sure if the
make test isn't attempting to load the Embperl into a plain perl
interpreter, which will not work as it does not support the Apache
symbols. I have to confess to have never run the test, it did always
complain about some packages I do not have installed and thus I tested
it in a live server with a set of my own pages.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3