On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Chris Nokleberg wrote:

> I'm using Apache::DProf to profile a mod_perl script. The specific section
> I am looking to improve is hard to get meaningful numbers for, because in
> the DProf output it is overwhelmed by the time of child process startup
> and other things that I'm not interested. Is there a way to limit the code
> that DProf profiles? If not, any idea on how difficult it would be to
> patch?

It has nothing to do with DProf. You should tell dprofpp that analyzes
tmon.out to extract only specific data. I didn't try it but see:

man dprofpp:
       -g subroutine
            Ignore subroutines except subroutine and whatever is
            called from it.

Hope this helps.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://perl.org     http://stason.org/TULARC
http://singlesheaven.com http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org