[OT: already posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED], just thought people here might have
suggestions, comments, etc]

I am thinking about writing the XS glue for the apache bench tool (ab).  The
ab code as it is, is not very flexible, but it is damn fast.  If I
implemented it as a perl XS module, I could add the flexibility into a nice
OO package.

Is there any interest in such a module?  Could it fit in with LWP somehow?
I have not tried out LWPng yet - does it use XS code to speed up requests
much faster than LWP?

At our company we need to write a benchmarking suite, and LWP fits our needs
perfectly except for the fact that its just not fast enough.  It would be
perfect if we could integrate ab with LWP.  So, just wanting to get general
feedback from the LWP community on whether such software would be useful to
others.

-Adi