Jim Winstead wrote:

> On Jun 23, Jim Sproull wrote:
> >   This all works fine. However, the get_sessionid and set_sessionid are
> > using a dbm file, which is locked and unlocked during each request.  (I
> > know, I know).  Obviously, this is a lot more load that is necessary.  I
> > tried using a simple global variable (defined before the handler), but this
> > was unreliable as it was set differently for each request.  No doubt due to
> > different processes handling each request.  Can anyone suggest a better way
> > of handling this globablly accessed data?  Thanks.
>
> If you search the new-httpd list, you should be able to find a
> patch I posted to mod_usertrack (quite some time ago) that in
> addition to adding a configuration option (to set the cookie's
> domain or something like that), makes mod_usertrack create two
> additional notes -- "out-cookie" and "in-cookie" which are set to
> the value of its session cookie depending on whether it is outgoing
> (being set) or incoming (subsequent requests).

This is just what I've been after (the domain and cookie set checking) -
thanks.

Has anyone an issues with using this apache module with mod_perl.  I
need to track users via cookies on a site that is 1/2 html and half
mod_perl - hence this offers an ideal solution for cookie tracking HTML
pages via an UID.

Jim , all the patches that I've found from you in archives appear to be
incomplete, I've tried fixing one but to little avail (my C is very very
basic).

Could you post or send me the patch - would be very much appreciated!

Also does anyone know if anyone is working on an Apache 2.0 version ?

Greg Cope