Hello,

I have been using mod_perl for awhile now, works great.... the db connections to my
oracle database are pooled for quick re-use by my mod_perl app's, --which is all fine
until I develope web applications that need to prevent against "dirty read" situations
between different user http sessions (since there is no dedicated db connection used
across http requests)... (and YES, I know there are "schemes" that deal with this, but
they are needlessly cumbersome -when the oracle database should be doing the work
instead...)

QUESTION: Is there a way to open a db connection and attached it to a session cookie
so that only one user session will be able to use that connection? (so I could "select
for update" in a user http request, thereby locking another user http request from
updating the row while the first user session is reading the row)

Please post and or email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks,
Keith