<...Problem with patch to fix memory blow-out with file uploads...>
> Okay, I think I tracked this down to a one-byte buffer overflow.
> Try the attached patch to see if that fixes it (it fixes things
> in my testing).

Thanks--certainly an improvement. I tried a 25k file, which worked fine.
However a 1.8MB file still caused a segfault.

If you can't replicate the problem, let me know what diagnostics you'd
like me to run. I'm not familiar with gdb, so I'm not sure where to
start.

> Unfortunately, the overflow seemed to sneak through with no problems
> on FreeBSD, and on Linux if you compile with -g.

I'm running latest Apache, mod_perl, and Perl, under Linux (2.2 kernel).

PS: Can anyone point me to a tutorial on debugging XS modules? From time
to time Doug provides some magic gdb commands which are really
helpful--I'd love to be able to do this kind of stuff myself...

--
  Jeremy Howard
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]