Jeremy Howard wrote:

> How do proxy servers like Squid work?

Squid, Apache in cache mode, et al, was what I meant by (sic) "a http cache", and
I think they pass on chunks of the request as they receive them.  Might be worth
a quick scan of the source code.  One of the problems is that you can't guarantee
to cache all of the upload POST request in memory, given that the size of the
uploads may be huge.  All but the most ancient squids deal with this in the
download direction, I don't know what they do in the upload direction, but my
guess is immediate pass-through, not store & forward (which is what you want) in
order to reduce latency.

- Barrie