Hi there,

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Greg Leidreiter wrote:

> I have recompiled mod_perl/apache with PERL_DEBUG=1

>       startup.pl is attempting to modify the include path...
>       startup.pl is attempting to modify the include path...
>       Program received signal SIGSEGV, segmentation fault
>       0x807ca20 in perl_handler_ismethod()

> (It is interesting that the "...modification..." line appears
> twice. I added it (once only!)  to the beginning of my startup.pl so
> that I could see if it was being found.  It somehow seems to be
> being found more than I expected!)

Have a look for $Apache::Server::Starting an PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK
in the Guide.  They in the configuration and troubleshooting sections
in my (oldish - February) copy.  The Guide's kindofa moving target.

Eric will probably help you with the sigsev.
They seem to be getting more common thesedays...

73,
Ged.