From: Edmund Mergl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 11:08 PM
To: PHANI MADHAVI
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help needed for using Apache::DBI

PHANI MADHAVI wrote:

> Hi All,
> we have installed Apache::DBI module ( system os is linux, web server
> apache, running mod_perl and mysql is rdbms) in our systems. But it is not
> working.
> When i try to compile a sample file to test db connectivity using
> Apache::DBI, it does not work.
> Same thing works if I use DBI.
> The error is " can't locate object method "module" in the DBI.pm file"
> We checked the DBI.pm file  and there is one statement which goes like
this:
> if ($INC{"Apache.pm"} and Apache->module("Apache::Status"));
> And we searched for Apache.pm. We could find the file but not the
"module".
> Please let me know how should we proceed.
>
> Regards,
> Madhavi

in the next release I'll mention it in the README twice and in
bold letters:

  It's not only supposed to be used with the Apache server
  together with an embedded perl interpreter like mod_perl,
  it can ONLY be used when running as mod_perl script.
  It can NOT be run in any script from the command-line.

Edmund

--
Edmund Mergl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]