Hello,

I have a production system (solaris 7) with apache 1.3.6 system with
mod_perl.1.19 and mod_ssl.2.3.1

I would like to somehow install the latest apache + mod_perl + mod_ssl +
DBI/DBD versions on the production system, BUT without interrupting the
current production system. And then, after I have moved over and tested the
production web application in the new server, cleanly switch over.....

In other words, is it possible to install new versions of apache + mod_perl
+ mod_ssl + DBI/DBD (and all the dependant modules) into a separate
directory on the production system -- WITHOUT affecting the older apache
production server?

How in the world do I cleanly upgrade apache + mod_perl + mod_ssl + DBI/DBD?

Thanks,
Keith