On 19-Jul-2000 Alvar Freude wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
>> I've created something like this.
>>
>> I've attached the script I used to build mod_proxy and mod_perl, and a short
>> Apache::MyFilter to show how to use this.  Note: I've cut down the handler
>> from
>> my version without really testing it, so it may have a couple syntax errors.
>
> thanx!
> But ... I think it doesn't work in my case, because I have to change the
> HTML-content itself.
>
> Or do you get somewhere the plain HTML-Content of the final
> HTTP-Request? If yes this part is missing in the example! ;)

Nope... Apache::Proxy just passes it on, AFAIK.

If you find a way to do it with Apache::Proxy, let the list know.

One of the major reasons I went this route over something like the examples in
the mod_perl book, was speed.  Downloading big files using the examples book
was slow, as apache first gathers the content up into a variable (where you can
do your regular expressions or whatever manipulating), then sent it to the
browser.  You would need a lot of memory in this situation.  With mod_proxy,
apache starts pushing data of to the client as soon as it gets it from the
server.

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
NetMaster Networking Solutions