Perrin,

        you mean that I can actually set my environment per virtual-host?

        that's encouraging in the one-implementation per site scenario. Now I
does block any use of persistent variables, unless I store them in a
RDBMS or in the 'Globals' module you mentioned. It could really be a
module that just exported references to internal hashes. I'm starting to
like it.

        A module that exported persistent hashes (not across server restarts,
just across requests ... short lived persistence). Maybe it could be
10 seconds, to be able to reconfig without restarting. And the ability
to commit a given hash ('config') to disk to make it permanent.

        mmmh. an idea is shaping here in my tiny head ... anyone care to
comment?

martin