On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 01:14:32PM -0700, Michael Nachbaur wrote:
> I'm working with IBM (sorry!  Its not my choice!) to try to get
> mod_perl compiled into their custom version of Apache, and their
> techs want to know why I can't run mod_perl as a DSO.  So, I need to
> know, whats specifically wrong with it?  Like, what are the
> repurcussions of it?  This is going to be run under a lot of load as
> well.
>
> Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Well, it works now in most cases, if you use the current version.  It's
not necessarily a good idea if you're dealing with x86 (it has to be
built PIC, and thus increases register pressure).  But other than the
slight PIC slowdown it hasn't caused problems in a few months.

Dan

|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |