The permissions problems don't appear to be with the ExtUtils directory. It's
trying to mkdir /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/auto/Apache/include.
Somewhere among those directories you don't have permission.

And, I misspoke before about PREFIX. First, PREFIX doesn't do everything
correctly. You need to use 'LIB=/tmp/foo/bar INSTALLMAN3DIR=/tmp/foo/bar/man'.
Second, PREFIX, LIB or whatever for mod_perl needs to be added to 'perl
Makefile.PL' as so:

perl Makefile.PL <whatever mod_perl/apache options you're setting>

--
Jason Bodnar + [EMAIL PROTECTED] + Team Linux

Homer:  Ooh, look at this one!  The Hammer of Thor!  (Reading)  "It
        will send your pins to ... Valhalla?"  Lisa?

Lisa:   Valhalla is where vikings go when they die.

Homer:  Ooh, that's some ball.

                   The Telltale Head