On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 08:27:06AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> hi everyone...
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has been able to get the newer releases of
> DBD-Oracle to work under mod_perl?
>
> that is, using DBD-Oracle 1.04, 1.05, and 1.06, under perl 5.005 (RH6.0
> standard) and DBI-1.14 I get consistently non-working results, but only when
> running under mod_perl.  If I revert to 1.03, all is fine again...

Tim's changed the Makefile.PL to include
$::opt_b = 1;   # try to use Oracle's own 'build' rule
(it used to default to 0).

Unfortunately, this has the side effect of requiring you to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to load the libararies, and to my knowledge (not very
much knowledge), there's no way to actually set this value back to 0,
other than editing the script.

So, either
a) edit the script, don't use Oracle's build rule, and don't set
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or
b) use Oracle's build rule, and do set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I presume there ought to be a downside to option a?

--
Tommy Wareing
This .sig space available for rent.