On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Michael Hanisch wrote:

> I really believe my thoughts outlined in my original post are correct -
> but right now I am starting to worry...
> Personally I would attribute the described problem to a bug in IE4 - even
> if it parses the URI for entities, it shouldn't find a "§" since the
> trailing semi-colon is missing. (Aargh, feeling like a smart-ass again ;-)

Alan Flavell has an excellent article on this problem, although i seemed
to have misplaced the URL.

there's also a note in Nick Kew's CGI FAQ.  see the CGI Meta FAQ for
details (http://www.smithrenaud.com/public/CGI_MetaFAQ.html)

--
brian d foy                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Director of Technology, Smith Renaud, Inc.