I hope you guys get the general idea of what I am about to say...

Perl6 is (barely) underway.

Perl is the ubiquituos and, some would say, premiere, web language.

format (and format_top) are possibly going to be pushed out of the
core. I imagine the reasons are that formats are much less utilized
nowadays.

Any chance in heck that the format could be re-written into a HTML
templater?

-JoshNarins

__END__

Afterthoughts...

obviously, $- is no longer needed, which is great, since I always had to hack
around it anyway.

It needs to support loops

It should support external template files.

I think caching should not be included.

I think having this as part of the core of perl makes sense (because
  90%[guess] of perl scripts are for the web).

X(your letters here) support should be transparent(?)

I think I'd feel great if I helped make this happen.