Are .htaccess files secure?  I don't want users to be able to use
<perl>...</perl> sections or any other mod_perl constructs (setting scripts
to run via the Registry, for example) in .htaccess files.  However, I need
.htaccess files turned on so users can password protect directories
site-wide (so I can't shut .htaccess files off completely.)

Is there any need to worry? I can't have users writing any code that will be
executed by the primary httpd process ... all user CGI execution is done via
mod_cgi and SuEXEC.

Thanks,
-Rob Giseburt

Random Quote:
 "When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty."
 (author unknown)