[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Geoffrey Young) wrote:
> [...]

I did a little checking, and now my guess is that there isn't a way.  Have a
look at the C code that checks whether hooks exists (in perl_config.c):

     int perl_hook(char *name)
     {
         switch (*name) {
             case 'A':
                 if (strEQ(name, "Authen"))
     #ifdef PERL_AUTHEN
                     return 1;
     #else
             return 0;
     #endif
             if (strEQ(name, "Authz"))
     #ifdef PERL_AUTHZ
                 return 1;
     #else
             return 0;
     #endif

Not exactly a hash lookup. =)

So currently the only way it would be possible to check for the presence
of various hooks would be to start up a copy of the server and check
&mod_perl::hook() for each required hook.  This task, though ugly, would
be greatly simplified by using the patches I submitted for Apache::test.
Then it could feasibly be done at Makefile.PL time, but might more
naturally go into one of the 'make test' tests.