Leo Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a little problem attempting to install
> mod_perl. I build it into apache using APACI
> (flexible) perform a 'make' and everything goes fine.
> When I type 'make test' then I get the following:
>
> --snip--
> Syntax error on line 3 of
> /usr/local/mod_perl-1.24/t/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
> by a module not include
> d in the server configuration

the httpd binary is not built with mod_perl

> will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
> letting apache warm up...done
> /usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
> still waiting for server to warm up...............not
> ok
> server failed to start! (please examine
> t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line 95.
> make: *** [run_tests] Error 146
>
> What is pod? Could you please reply. Thanks a lot.

plain old documentation.  it is a perl thing.  the httpd binary does not
have mod_perl so it is choking on it.
you did not list the build steps so i am not sure where the error is.
you can try to cd to the apache directory, try a make there, and then
try this make test again in the mod_perl directory.

--
___cliff [EMAIL PROTECTED]http://www.genwax.com/