On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 04:22:29PM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> Thanks for the speedy response.  You've now emboldened me to ask my
> second question: sometimes I see people not calling send_http_header()
> and yet their HTML still comes through.  Does mod_perl sometimes
> automatically call this for you?

Yep, its a configurable option.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html:

   [..]

   PerlSendHeader On

   PerlSendHeader On tells the server to send an HTTP header to the
   browser on every script invocation. You will want to turn this off for
   nph (non-parsed-headers) scripts.

   The PerlSendHeader On setting invokes ap_send_http_header() after
   parsing your script headers. It is only meant for CGI emulation, and
   to send the HTTP header it's always better either to use $q->header
   from the CGI.pm module or to use $r->send_http_header using the Apache
   Perl API.

   [..]

Ajit