(gdb) bt
0x8054b09 in ap_remove_module ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x8054b09 in ap_remove_module ()
#1  0x8054bdf in ap_remove_loaded_module ()
#2  0x804f2cc in unload_module ()
#3  0x805126e in run_cleanups ()
#4  0x804f910 in ap_clear_pool ()
#5  0x8060683 in standalone_main ()
#6  0x8060f23 in main ()
#7  0x2ab304a5 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
#8  0x815b0000 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xe853.
I don't understand why Apache/mod_perl has to remove a module when it
should be installing it.  Maybe its just a confusing naming convention or
something?

Note: that I believe I was careful to clean out old versions before the makes.

I did have to 'not use' "large file support" for the Perl 5.6.0 build in
order to get mod_perl to launch.

Please help!   ... and thankyou for any input.  (You all do great work!)