thanks for your posts, guys!

Eric Cholet replied:
> > i copied the sample code from 'illustrated security scenarios'
> > at http://perl.apache.org/guide/security.html nearly verbatim,
> > (cut & paste + munge) changed '(*PASSED*)' to a simple test
> > (moot, at this point) and inserted a few $r->warn("") for tracing
> > and debugging purposes.
> >
> > access_handler() works fine. all its $r->warn output shows up
> > in the logfile as it should.
> >
> > BUT i never see any incursion into the authen_handler() AT ALL!
>
> maybe you need "Order deny, allow" to trigger authentication

Steve van der Burg replied:
> After looking at my own configuration for
> Apache::AuthCookie, and snooping in the Apache source a
> bit, I think that your "AuthType Basic" needs to be
> changed to "AuthType Serensoft::Auth".

tried both... alas, still no entry into authen_handler.
it's never executed at all.

(Steve--docs for most of the standard auth modules [see your
local http://localhost/doc/apache/manual/mod/] which seem
to indicate 'AuthType Basic' not 'AuthType Mod::Path'...?)

if Stas can get it to work using the framework on the guide page,
what've i got missing? (can anybody confirm that it can/does
run as expected?)

what modules are required for this simple authenticator to work?
there's gotta be something i'm missing. Doesn't look like
'AuthUserFile' or the like, would come into play, does it?

Their is five errers in this sentance.