On Aug 21, 2000 at 23:45:48 -0400, Paul G. Weiss twiddled the keys to say:

> > Needless to say, I find that under certain conditions that I'm not
> > completely sure of, the loghandler doesn't run and the object does
> > get undef'ed (I know this from using perl-status and from the fact
> > that the process in question doesn't give me any timing statistics
> > from then on).  The question is, what combination of events could
> > cause the log handler not to run once I've pushed it, yet leave the
> > process intact to handle another request?
> >
> > -Paul Weiss
> >

> Whoops.  I meant to say "the loghandler doesn't run and the object
> *doesn't* get undef'ed."

This may or may not have any bearing on this question, but something
I've seen is that $r->register_cleanup() will stop responding sometimes.
After a while a whole pile of cleanups from one given child will just do
their thing one after another. I've always wondered why that is. Why
doesn't that child just hang instead of storing up all the registered
cleanups?

Rick Myers                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Feynman Problem       1) Write down the problem.
Solving Algorithm         2) Think real hard.
                          3) Write down the answer.