I've been fighting with Apache::Session and Informix... I've been using
Apache::Session ver 1.03 (knowing that 1.5x isn't "appropriate" for
informix) and Informix Dynamic server 2000 9.2.  Everything else is the
latest version, and on suse 6.4

At first it would hang up when trying to re-tie to a session.  Then I set
AutoCommit=>1 and RaiseError=>0 on the Apache::Session connection, and I
get an error:

execute failed: SQL: -608: Illegal attempt to convert Text/Byte blob type.

...any time the "update" is called from Apache::Session, and nothing is
updated.  I've tried switching the text field to a blob, (always storing
in the table).

Has anyone gotten this to work at all?  There's been a motion to get mysql
running to do sessions, which strikes a bad chord with me...

Jay Jacobs